Tuesday, September 5, 2017

I was really upset that we went to the Hard Rock Cafe while we were in Rome, someone told me that there was a Flosstradaumus concert that night that I really wanted to go to.

Week 4:
Rome:

     After being isolated in the hilltop land of Monte P for 3 weeks, it was a bit refreshing to go to a bustling metropolis for a bit. Got to experience some #culture.

Day 1: The forum and the Colosseum
Upon arriving in Rome and throwing our bags into the hotel lobby, we had a swift bite to eat then headed to the tourist attractions. I will hold back on my sadness that most of my peers chose McDonalds as their swift bite to eat. No I won't. You people are sickening. Moving on. I was interested to see the forum and compare it to the forum shops in Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas. The Romans did a pretty good job recreating the Shops, everything looked pretty similar in style, they forgot a few of the stores though. I was pretty confused that the LV and Armani shops were so far away by the Spanish Steps.
The rock that Caesar was killed on.

The Colosseum was an incredible sight to see, In a weird way I thought that the rain added something to it. Not sure why, just kinda liked it, also my pink poncho was stylish as hell. I bet the Amazon Eye would tell me I was #InStyle.
Mike, Sam, And I vaguely resemble a pack of peeps you'd buy around easter time.

Day 2: Vatican 
The Vatican was a moving and incredible experience, I had been there before but had not done some of the things we did this time. Going up to the top of the Basilica was ridiculous, it honestly was breathtaking from up there. The sheer climb with the curving wall of the dome was an experience in itself, the view put it over the top in my opinion. 


Is this the view out the Popes bedroom window?
I love the Vatican museum, I had been before but seeing it again is comparable to seeing interstellar for a second time and thinking you understand it now. You don't, but it was still better the second time.

Don't stare at money too long, it's Medusa.

Day 3: Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain
     Honestly my favorite day, the garden we went to after the Spanish Steps was absolutely gorgeous, it felt like an entirely different place than we had been before. My Roman peak was riding bikes around that park, not sure why but it just provided me with so much enjoyment. 
     I thoroughly enjoyed the Trevi Fountain as well. The statue is the depiction of the Roman god Nettuno, the god of the sea. I relate to him personally for obvious reasons.



No comments:

Post a Comment