Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Week 3 of Study Abroad

This Sunday started with a bang. The barrel race was that day and it was pretty interesting. We all went to Professor Noiset's room at around 5 and he brought out snacks and drinks for everyone. The race itself did not start until 7:30 pm thought, probably due to the heat. It was broadcasted that showed the race up until they contenders got to our part of the street. I was a little disappointed with the results though. Many people in the room made a betting pool on which Contrada would win and my pick - as well as the Contrada that I live in - came in dead last, despite one group losing control at the beginning of the race. I did not lose much, it as only about 2€ but it was the fact that my Contrada was dead last.


The rest of the week was not all that impressive. Nothing really happened until Wednesday/Thursday. Three students got accused of being drunk and throwing up and urinating in the stairwell to their apartment. And because I live with them, I got pulled aside with them to have a come to Jesus meeting with Ken and the professors. Everyone got the talk the next day after IS class, so everyone is on the same "Do not mess up," much like the time when there was a noise complaint and litter in the neighbor's olive grove that was allegedly gifted by Napoleon to the current owner's family.

Friday we leave for Rome and I could not be more excited. I have always been interested in the Roman history and arts, so being able to go there is a dream come true. We are going to the Coliseum, Roman Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, and around Vatican City. Rome will be amazing and i will absolutely be enthralled. I may even go there again on a free weekend if I don't feel like i fully experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment