Race Day!
After a week of seeing the practises and all the events for the bravio festival the exciting moment had arrived. It was so crazy to me to see how many people were in the piazza for a festival in a small town in Tuscany. But after seeing the entire barrel race itself I can say it is one of the coolest things I've seen before. People back home kept asking me what kind of sport I was watching. Honestly its something that I don't know how to explain besides the fact its some renaissance sport that's been going on for so many years in a small town. Definitely the highlight of my trip so far and one of the funnest weekends Ive had here so far.
Best Day EVER??
Honestly this might be me over exaggerating but this day was awesome. I didn't feel so good when I woke up but as the day went on it got even better because you know what I got to eat? McDonald's! I never eat it at home because I absolutely hate it but after eating so much Italian food since we arrived has been extremely annoying. All I want is to have a variety in my meals instead of only pasta, tomatoes, and cheese. Don't get me wrong Italian food is delicious but any opportunity I get to eat something other than what I have to eat everyday I'm gonna take it. Especially when I go to Rome ill be eating at the Hard Rock Cafe or even some Mexican food and I have no shame about it.
The funniest part of this adventure was me and Lauren decided to get extra cheeseburgers so we could take them home to reheat it when we want something besides pasta.
Montepulciano
When I actually take a second to look around at the beauty of Tuscany I think to myself how crazy that this is my home for almost 2 months. Like I've said before Ive never been out the country or even to Europe so this experience is one in a lifetime opportunity that I want to get the best out of. Besides the immense amount of homework I have to do everyday Im glad that I get to spend my class days here in Tuscany rather than the Kennesaw campus. Its also an advantage to me because I don't have to worry about work while I'm here so I can just focus on school and the fact that Im in Italy for two months.
Overall since I've only been here for 3 weeks I've really gotten see the Italian lifestyle and it makes me eager to see what the rest of this trip has in store for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment