The initial couple days here were interesting but it didn't take long for me to establish my bearing with the city. The city is small enough to map out in a couple days.
This is the Catwalk. Its the shortcut from the main road to the road that the piazza is off, it also is home to more than a few stray cats. I got that one figured out by the end of mindlessly wandering around town the first day. I'm on the fast track to figuring out the the best gelato shop in town as well, should have that one relatively soon. So far I've tried 2 of the 3 including the one in Piazza Grande.
If you're wondering why I have a milk bottle with me, it's because I refill it with water regularly. The locals give some weird looks when I walk around drinking milk 24/7. I guess they don't just assume that its filled with water and I enjoy being hydrated.
Saturday was the group trip to Orvieto which began beautifully with the morning bus ride lacking air conditioning. As Americans, if there is one fantastic way to dramatically lower our spirits about anything, it would be to make us mildly uncomfortable for an extended period of time. The highlight of the excursion for me was having my heart almost protrude through my chest as the large bell made the single loudest noise ever to be made. I can't say I've actually heard a sonic boom before, but now i can say I've heard its equal counterpart. Mr. Orvieto Bell.
You see, this is the photo i was taking as my entire body was jolted by the bell. Beautiful nevertheless.
WEEKLY FOOD UPDATE:
This uncooked cow was by far the best thing i have eaten since getting off the plane. Special thanks to the steak nazi.
No comments:
Post a Comment