I am living my dream right now, and that dream is living and doing life in Italy. I have had this dream since I was a junior in high school, and have wanted to do a study abroad in Italy since before I even started KSU.
Now that I am finally here I am even more in love with this country and the city of Montepulciano than I ever thought possible. The views that surround this this city are absolutely beautiful, and totally 'gramable. The sunsets are incredible and a nice change from the sunsets of k-saw. Even though I have traveled a good part of the world I do not think that I have seen views that rival those of Monty P!!
This first week here I have had the chance to explore a new city that I would never have gone to if I was just exploring Italy myself. I gotten to make new friends, eat some awesome food, legally drink, explore the city of Overtia (which I might favor slightly more just for the lack of hills within the city walls).
The food here is out of this world, and something that can not be beat by my daily t-mac, cfa, Zaxbys, and Starbucks, though I do miss them very much (I am really craving so queso). The bruschetta that I have had here though is a good replacement that I accept gratefully, and the pizza here is to die for, and going back to my Dominos order after this might not be possible. One of the best parts here is the food and one that I will continue to explore until the day that I am forced to leave by my parents!!
Along with food comes drinks, and through my short time here I have reaffirmed my love for Rosato wines. The one in the Corcani below the school is my new favorite, especially when I can enjoy the view of this wonderful city while sipping on my wine and doing homework, and journaling. This has become one of my favorite activities that this city has to offer me.
This first week here in the city of Montepulciano has been undescribably amazing. I am excited to continue my exploring within and outside of the cities walls, and fully immerse myself in the Italian culture in these next six weeks!!

No comments:
Post a Comment