Caio bloggers! I first wanted to start off by telling all my new followers a little about me. Im 19 years old, and was born and raised in Alpharetta, Georgia. I have an older brother, a twin sister (no we are not identical), a handful of step siblings, and two pretty badass parents. I have the cutest but ugliest dog on the planet, and an adorable kitty. I am a sophomore at KSU, and am planning to be a finance major. I really enjoy playing and watching all sports, but my favorites are basketball and soccer. I may decide to become a professional athlete if this school thing doesn't work out, but that is just my fall back. All around, I just like being around good company; it does not matter what we do as long as I can laugh. I am a pretty care free person, and don't stress over stuff to much because I believe that everything will be alright at the end of the day. Family is the most important thing to me, and I cannot wait to start one of my own when I am a little older.
Aeroporto di Roma
Landing in Italy was a little rough. I felt like I had been given heavy doses of laughing gas , and was very delirious due to the absence of sleep. I was extremely shocked when we actually touched down onto the tarmac because I thought we were still above the clouds when we hit down; the lady next to me obviously thought the same as she let out a nice little scream. When we got inside the airport I was surprised how quick we got through customs compared to other countries I have been to. I do not think the security guy even looked at my passport before stamping it. As we were waiting for our bus to take us to Montepulciano I made my first Italian Purchase, a frozen espresso drink. It was much needed. The bus finally came and we were relieved because of the brutal heat, when Professor Tudor realized his backpack had been stolen. I was shocked that someone could of stolen his bag when we were all around, especially in the short time frame from when he put it down. In a weird way it was a good thing his bag got stolen because it set a precedent for the security I have used on my possessions. I am not constantly aware of where my stuff is and sometimes even walk with my hands in my pocket to make sure people cannot take anything. After about 2 hours we finally left the airport, and were off to live like Italians for 7 weeks.
First Impressions of Monte
That Heat
I grew up in Georgia, so I thought I knew heat. I was wrong! I do not know what it is here, maybe the cobblestone traps heat, but it is sometimes unbearable. I have constant sweat dripping down my body in places I have never sweated before. Sometimes it is hard to focus in class when all you can think about is jumping into the Arctic Ocean. Luckily, I brought a fan for when I go to sleep or else I do not think I would make it! Im glad I packed enough clothes, or else I may be doing laundry daily!
Meal Of The Week
Before this week, I thought Olive Garden had good Italian food, I will probably never eat their again now! The food here is absolutely incredible! So incredible, that I decided I had to write about my favorite meal each week. This week had no competition. All the professors and guys on the trip went to a restaurant called Osteria Aquachetta. We had the most unbelievable steak I have ever eaten in my life. If you do not like rare steak do not go, but if you do, you cannot pass on this restaurant. The owner of the restaurant cuts the meat, brings it to your table, you gasp in amazement then shake your head up and down, and finally you devour it. You try to take your time and look civilized, but you cannot because it is that good! Plus if you do not get as much on your plate as you can, someone else will eat it AKA Tragedy of the Commons. The sides were perfect compliments to the meat, and made me realize how much I loved cauliflower and zucchini.

No comments:
Post a Comment