Week 2 here we go:
This week marked completion of my Italian class which translates to getting to change my morning alarm to 1:00 PM instead of 8:00 AM, and yes I would sleep through IS if I didn't set an alarm for 1:00 PM. I mean I still have to pass the test in order to complete, but nevertheless they handed out our certificates of fluency.
Don't be fooled, "partecipazione" is Italian for fluent, not participation.
Our proffessoressas actually loved us enough to request a photo with us.
This was the most ceremonious event I think I have ever witnessed.
That was only the precursor to the real party, which occurred once the teams took their respective places and raced the barrels through the town. I can barely make it up the hill to il sasso in the mornings and contrary to popular belief I don't walk a 50 lb barrel to class with me. Their cardio skills are highly impressive.
Here is a picture where I am faking smiling when in reality I'm terribly sad that I lost money betting on the losing families barrel.
Losing my 2 hard earned Euros was sad, but it pails in comparison to the true casualty of the week. I don't really have to say it to make it known what I'm referring to, instead ill attach my snapchat story from that day which includes some eerily saddening foreshadowing.
This was supposed to be a funny joke about me not knowing how to work an italian washing machine. ha ha ha
Now its become a reality.
R.I.P.
No comments:
Post a Comment