Before this study abroad program, I have never really experienced culture shock that much because I have mostly been going on vacation for a maximum of 3 weeks and staying temporarily in hotels and also going on excursions. With my experience living in Montepulciano, I have noticed that the residents are much more relaxed and not stressed out. They are not rushing to get from place to place like they are in the U.S. (including myself). The food tastes much more natural, gluten-free and made from scratch, not processed and ready to eat like at McDonald's or Burger King. The environment and the atmosphere is also more clean and fresh because more people in Montepulciano compared to the people living in Georgia are much more active and enjoying walking and jogging instead of driving cars and riding motorcycles. Almost all of the fruits in the produce section at the local supermarket are organic and homegrown. At first when I saw what the fruits looked like, they were not that appealing and flavorful, but after I tasted some my entire perception changed of what looks good versus what tastes good.





No comments:
Post a Comment