Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Week 3-ITALIA

McGregor vs. Mayweather

The time 7:30 am, alarm clock rings and it’s time to get ready. You may be asking yourself why would he get up this early when there is no need to. Maybe you read the title and already know. Either way, this was one of my most anticipated events of the year. I was so bummed because I thought that I would be missing this fight because I would be over here. No worries though, I was able to get the fight thanks to my dad and everyone was able to watch it. It was one of the few times in my life I have gotten up at 7:30 and not been just completely exhausted. Then I had to wait for Grant and KJ and we were off to watch the fight with everyone else. In hindsight, I think that I should have charged everyone some euros to watch the fight since it was $100. Sure, I didn’t pay for it but I mean it would have been worth it for me and anyone who paid. It wouldn’t have been much, but I mean we are going to Rome and that would give me a little bit of extra spending cash to use. Either way, we all watched the stream wasn’t the greatest because of the internet here, but that was alright we saw all the important parts. Sadly, my dude McGregor lost so I started my day off on the wrong foot but it was ok. I enjoyed watching it with everyone, we all got in a little bonding.


The Barrel Race

Montepulciano has reached full capacity and I know that I will never see it with this many people crowded around the streets again. This barrel race is a huge deal. Sadly, I missed the branding of the barrels. I went up to the piazza when it was scheduled but I guess that they were late or something. I just went down to my room at that point and passed out because I was really tired and didn’t really care to wait among all of those people. A few hours passed I woke up then I realized that it was 4 in the afternoon. It wasn’t my proudest moment but hey there wasn’t really much going on anyway until around 6. I was almost late to the party because they were closing the streets a little earlier than they said. The people waving the contrada flags had started. Luckily, I made it just in the nick of time and we got to watch the festivities unfold. Honestly, I got a little bored with the throwing and just started talking to the various people that were there. After that there was around an hour or so until the real fun began. So, we all just talked and hung out for a little while. Right before the race was about to start someone decided it would be a good idea to bet on all of the contradas. Naturally, I had to get in on that. Besides, it made the race that much more interesting since I was betting on something that I had no clue about. Sadly, my team was sabotaged by the evil green contrada. I am not going to lie to you I may never forgive them. My team was forced to literally run over one of their people because they were stupid enough to fall down and I feel 0 remorse for that man. He cost me like 20 euros because I know that my team would have won. After the foul play, they managed to get all the way back up to 3rd place. I give them an A for effort even though they lost. I mean there isn’t much you can do when the other team cheats (I don’t actually think it was on purpose all fun and games). So that was a fun day and I mean it’s all good by the end of the trip I’ll make it back from someone.



The Contrada Party
Since I support the contrada that I bet on you can be sure that I went out to their after party. Let me tell you they were extremely happy, but at the same time you could tell they knew they could do better. I mean they had quite a comeback, but they could have won is all I’m saying. As you can tell I harbor no bad feelings whatsoever. We got there and were immediately greeted almost like family. We were all dancing together, having a good time, etc. We even tried to talk to some of the people but that didn’t really work out all that good because they couldn’t understand us, and we couldn’t understand them. It turned into the finger pointing game each of us trying to act out what we were trying to say. Hey, we even got pictures there. I left around 12ish though because I was tired and I had stuff to do the next day.

 

Rest of the week


Honestly this week I have not done a whole lot so far other than what I told you about above this. I basically just went up to the fortezza for school and some homework. Throw in a little bit of Narcos and that was basically my week. Got to catch up on Narcos before the new season starts on September 1st. Oh also GAME OF FREAKIN THRONES!!!!!!! I couldn’t be sadder that the season is over, but man that was a good finale. A lot of people are complaining that it was a little bit predictable, but to me it wasn’t. It was predictable because all of the story got leaked and people read it even though they said that they didn’t so it was obvious what was going to happen. I mean if you didn’t want to know you shouldn’t have opened it. That show is the bomb. I am excited for Rome and ready to go even though we have to get up early.

No comments:

Post a Comment